The Faculty of Nursing (FON), Burapha University was first established with the approval of the Ministry of Higher Education on June 8th, 1982 as a part of Bangsaen Campus, Srinakarinwirot University. By the Burapha University Act which was promulgated on July 30th, 1990, Bangsaen Campus was granted the status of a government university operating under the name of ‘Burapha University’. The FON thus became the first faculty of Burapha University.
Faculty of Nursing is located at 169 Long Haad Bangsaen road, Saensuk, Muang, Chon Buri. The Faculty comprises of 6 buildings, covering an area of over 23,000 square meters.
Mission and curriculum
Faculty of Nursing has four main missions: to produce graduates, research, academic services and maintenance Thai arts and culture, by setting policies and operational plans of both short- term and long-term according to the philosophy, vision, and mission of Burapha University. The FON first offered an undergraduate nursing program in the academic year of 1983. Our master’s program commenced in 1995 and since 2005 we run a successful doctoral program.
1. Bachelor of Nursing Science Program: Beginning in the academic year 1983, graduates totally 2,047 people, 20 batches.
2. Bachelor of Nursing Science Program (2 Year Continuing program) : Beginning in the academic year 1996, graduates totally 1,130 people, 8 batches.
3. Master of Nursing Science Program: Beginning with Community Nursing pathway in the academic year 1995, then expanded more specific pathways as following:
1) Pediatric Nursing
2) Adult Nursing
3) Gerontological Nursing
4) Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
5) Occupational Nursing
6) Family Nursing
7) Community Nursing
8) Nursing Administration
Faculty of Nursing offers both full-time and part-time programs, graduates totally 358 people, 9 batches.
4. Master of Nursing science (International program), beginning in the academic year 2000, graduates totally 11 people, 4 batches.
5. Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing Science, beginning in the academic year 2005, currently there are 9 students studying in this program.
Faculty of Nursing, Burapa University defines the philosophy, mission, vision and objective of the faculty in the plan for higher education development (2556-2060) as followed:
Up-to-date academic information, Firm in virtue, Leading society, Blending Thai and international culture, Heading for international achievement
The wisdom of nursing for the well-being of mankind
Faculty of Nursing, Burapa University committed to the mission:
1. To create knowledge through research and nursing practice for health care and quality improvement for teaching and learning
2. To produce graduates with analytical thinking, lifelong learning skills, discipline, morality, universality and maintain the identity of Thai.
3. To provide academic services to communities for sustainable self-reliance
4. To promote and maintain the arts and culture of Thailand
5. To develop management system and the development of personnel at all levels to be professional.
1. To produce graduates, in bachelor degree, master degree, and doctoral degree, with high quality of academic, morality, social and leadership.
2. To develop the academic excellent through research in order to develop knowledge, teaching and learning and educational management
3. To provide academic services to the community
4. To promote nursing knowledge, nursing profession and health care profession to the community, national and international level
5. To promote activities related to the conservation of Thai culture and art, and exchange Thai arts and culture internationally as well as promote the use of Thai wisdom for health care
6. To provide assistance to foreign countries, especially neighborhood and Asia-Pacific countries in order to produce teachers and nursing staffs
Copyright © 2017